After a great release at RetroMadrid, we have already published the episode dedicated to the videogame industry as a whole. This material has been the hardest to script by far, since there are a lot of testimonies from many different fields: programming, art, game design, production, press, marketing… and the range of the subjects discussed has been very diverse. We have managed to narrow it down to 7 minutes from the original 17, which unfortunately means we’ve had to rule out some very interesting testimonies. These will be used for future episodes of this series. We hope you enjoy the work, we did:
List of people that participated (in order of appearance) with their testimony in this episode:
- Víctor Ruiz. Owner/ Director of I+D at FX Interactive
- Pablo Crespo. Director General at GAME Spain.
- Ismael Raya. Chief Programmer at Zed / Pyro Studios.
- Javier Arévalo. Technical Director at Zed / Pyro Studios.
- Gonzo Suárez. President of Arvirago.
- José María Villalobos. Specialized blogger in cinema and videogames at Vidaextra.
- Ramón Nafria. President of DOID and videogames producer.
- Roberto Álvarez de Lara. CEO and Creative Director at Over the Top Games.
- Juan Tamargo. COO at Bitoon Games.
- Rafael Latiegui. Owner and Art Director of Péndulo Studios.
- Magnus Dagon. Mathematician and science fiction writer.
- Daniel Sánchez-Crespo. CEO at Novarama Technology.
- Enric Álvarez. Owner and Director of Mercury Steam Entertainment.
- Bolo Muñoz-Calero. Product Manager of Marca Player / ex-Take 2.
- David Martínez. Executive Director at Hobby Consolas.
- Isaac López. Videogames researcher and journalist at Canal Sur.
- Javi Sánchez. Cultural journalist at Mondo Píxel.
- John Tones. Pop culture writer.
- Pép Sánchez. Director of Anaitgames.com.
- Xavi Robles. Director of Eurogamer.es.
- Jorge Huguet. Marketing Director at Sony Spain and Portugal.
Finally, we’d like to inform you about the release of the first version of our website. The art has been crafted by David Hernández Huerta, Álvaro Redondo and Isaac Garabito, the programming work by me. On it you can quickly access to the project contents.
Having released the four pilot episodes on the different subjects that the project will discuss, we intend, next month, to release an app that will make the access to the published material easier and more intuitive, as well as complement the stories told in it. Until then, enjoy our first season, which could be christened “Pilot Season”.
Translated by: Darío Rivas
Reviewed by: Al Goss